SOLVENT FLOOR PAINT – 20LTR
Our floor paint is heavy-duty paints so they are suitable for use in many other industrial and commercial facilities like domestic garages and also, where there are aggressive environments with chemical spillages or frequent traffic on the floors.
- Tub size: 20 Litres
- Colours: Grey, Dark Grey, Black, Tile Red
To be suitable for use on factory floors, industrial floor paints must generally be tough and resistant enough to withstand the static loading that is imposed on the painted factory floor surface by pallet stacking in storage, or other equipment on the floor.
Most factory floors are reinforced concrete and this must obviously have sufficient strength to support all of these loadings and uses. The functions of the industrial floor paint are:
- To strengthen and improve the factory floor surface
- To eliminate build-up of dust on surface (pre-seal is always advised on dusty unpainted areas)
- To increase the floor’s abrasion and wear resistance
- To provide the increased additional chemical resistance
- To improve the appearance and ambience of the working environment
- To speed up the cleaning/mopping of the area cutting down on time of this task
- To delineate specific areas, such as: safe walking areas, parking bays or access routes and other directions etc.
Coverage: 10sqm per litre or 107sqft per litre / 200sqm per 20 litre can or 2,140sqft per 20 litre can (with single coat, but two coats always advised)
- Thin first coat down with 25% white spirits
- Dry time of coating using standard roller: Touch dry at 15˚c in 10 to 12 hours
- First coat should be left to dry for 24-48 hours to assure adhesion to surface
- Work in a well-ventilated area, using no forms of naked light/fire
- Please test for damp before coating by applying a small test patch or applying a clear plastic sheet (30cm x 30cm) and sealing it to the floor with a high-grade tape like duct tape without any ways of air escaping and leave for 24 hours. If there is any form of water vapour on the sheet, the area will have damp and steps will need to be taken before painting.
- Mix very well before use
Please note: Before using your product, we advise to test a small patch area to make sure drying time and colour is to your liking. Please order enough paint as batches may vary when re-ordering. The colours shown are rough guide so they may also vary in shade. If you’re going to order a second tin, the paint is in batches so please include the batch number (which is on the top on the lid) with your order.